The Necessity of Mobile DevOps Adoption by App Development Companies
The growing use of mobile by consumers at an unprecedented rate has opened new ways of future growth for business enterprises. The frequent need for mobile app iterations, updates, and app store ranking pushes testers to test mobile apps faster and safer. DevOps is famous for allowing various development and operation teams to build, test, and release software products efficiently. The same approach can do wonders in the process of mobile app development.
Mobile DevOps is a collaborative approach for app development, deployment, and monitoring of the app release. It is also vital for making the flow of the development process more transparent. It lets developers develop mobile apps competently using advanced technologies and resources.
Read this content to know more about the need for DevOps for mobile app development and the real meaning of DevOps for mobile app development companies.
Why DevOps for mobile app development
The outcome of an online survey on DevOps importance to software development 2020 shows how survey respondents see mobile DevOps for scaling software development at the global level.
· 48.1% — Extremely important
· 31% — Somewhat important
· 17.4% — Neutral
· 2% — Not very important
· 1.4% — Not at all important
This survey was participated by 33,534 respondents online. The finding of another survey titled ‘Global DevOps evolution and platform team responsibilities 2020,’ shows that workflow automation is the biggest responsibility of low-level platform teams concerning DevOps evolution. Note that the level of responsibilities goes up with platform team evolvement.
A research report from Markets and Markets expects the growth of DevOps market size USD 10.31 billion by 2023. It is likely that demand for DevOps solutions and services will increase among enterprises and get traction due to the rising need for fast app delivery with high quality.
Mobile DevOps eliminate silos prevalent in app development and production phases. A perfect mix of development and operation enables the team to deliver software products with incessant response and iteration. Business enterprises look at advanced technologies like ML, AI, IoT, cloud, and data analytics when complexity increases in mobile apps. But, DevOps simply enables the seamless delivery of a mobile app from beginning to release.
Mobile DevOps also breaks app development and operation barriers. It also brings agile, automation, and CD aspects together. UpGuard.com states that about 63% of businesses have registered an improvement in software quality by implementing DevOps methodology. Like DevOps is commanding in mobile app development, Mobile DevOps is a key for modernizing mobile app development.
Role of DevOps in Mobile App Development
Nowadays, business enterprises incline toward creating mobile-first products to serve their client in the least amount of time. Lots of organizations have benefited after bringing DevOps into their app development process. Find here some of the unique reasons why you should include the DevOps approach in mobile app development for better outcomes.
· Continuous workflow with responsibilities
· Efficient use of valuable resources
· Faster decision-making
· Guaranteed quality delivery
· Higher customer satisfaction
· Improved error detection and resolution process
· Increased employee engagement
· Shorter time-to-release
· Stable environment for web and mobile app development
· Successful collaboration between different stakeholders
Mobile DevOps meaning to mobile app developers
Mobile DevOps is a powerful approach to make the app lifecycle strategy. This approach concentrates on the aspects of agile product development, product testing, product release, and production support. Business enterprises can expect instant feedbacks from customers and monitoring instantly.
Adopting a new culture
· Mobile app development companies need to create a cultural-organizational change that addresses the gap between teams.
· This change will help you collaborate better throughout the process of app development and delivery.
· Effective, cross-functional collaboration should be maintained between different resources like product developers, quality analysts (QA), and project managers.
· Define goals and purposes as per genuine DevOps principles, like sustainability, enhanced teamwork, customer satisfaction, and shortened software development lifecycles.
· There should be a collective tactic to solve problems and implement a culture that relies on shared transparency, responsibility, and faster feedback.
Adopting new technology
· CI/CD automation and Mobile DevOps are inseparable.
· A successful app is an outcome of streamlining the CI/CD pipeline, real-time performance monitoring, and adding feedback.
· The entire app development lifecycle (planning, code testing, deployment, and monitoring) should be automated.
· Implement configuration code and use a source code control system for tracking code changes and other process details.
· Manual process elimination ensures the seamless merging of codes and reducing error risk.
· Repetitive and tedious manual processes should be eliminated through (CI) continuous integration.
Professional mobile app developers largely depend on modern tools and technology for successful app integration, product development, and testing in a real-time scenario. Mobile DevOps tools matter the most in a perfect mobile app delivery.
Amazon AWS mobile, Google Firebase, and Microsoft visual studio app center are popular mobile DevOps platforms that help you make the most out of mobile app development in the era of digital transformation.